On Saturday Boyfriend and I held a yard sale. It was an ideal situation, really. His townhouse community organized it and paid for an ad in the local papers, so we had a good deal of traffic. I loved going through my house and coming up with all sorts of things to sell. Movies I never watch, DVDS I never listen to, books I never read, knick-knacks I don't really need. Boyfriend had fewer things to sell, but the quality of his stuff must have been better- he sold practically everything he had. In the end, we made about $85 for four hours of sitting in the yard. Not too shabby. We decided to put the money toward doing fun stuff, like going out to eat sushi.
And all the leftover stuff from our sale will have a second chance at being sold in a little less than a month, when the Jaycees have a yard sale. I'm on the yard sale planning committee, so right now I'm trying to recruit people to come up with stuff to donate. So if you have stuff lying around your house that you don't need anymore, let me know! I'd be happy to take it off your hands, and you would know it's going to a good cause. We're raising money for the Burn Center at UNC Hospitals, and everything we don't sell will then be donated to the PTA Thrift Shop in Carrboro.
No comments:
Post a Comment