Today while on the way to work I noticed a truck with the name "Bland Landscaping" on it. I'm guessing it's a family name, but do you think they ever thought of the implications of naming a landscaping company "Bland"? I guess part of the definition of bland could fit the bill-- "smooth and soothing in manner or quality"-- but when I hear that word I am much more likely to think "dull and insipid" or "not stimulating or invigorating."
Apparently, though, the name isn't doing too much damage. One Web site refers to them as "one of the busiest and most respected landscaping specialists in North Carolina" and they've apparently been around for more than 30 years. Oh well, I guess someone doesn't mind the name. But I'd at least be a little wary.
1 comment:
I've been seeing good old Bland Landscaping around for awhile now. The best one is a sign I've seen that said "Warning: Bland Landscaping"
Post a Comment