Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I had to go to a lecture last night so I can write a paper about it for my PR class. Based on syllabus information, it's a three-page paper. No big deal, right? Wrong. The professor sent me an email saying that because I'm a grad student, I get to write a longer paper- eight pages! And I have to use outside sources and make it a true research paper. Excuse me, but when do I have time for this? Since I am a grad student, I already have two grad-level courses that require extensive reading and really involved papers. My lower level courses are just supposed to be basic competencies. Basic competency my foot.

On the plus side, I guess it forces me to more thoroughly engage what we are learning about. And so far, I enjoy learning about PR. The lecture last night was even fascinating, in my humble opinion. I'm thinking that it's a good sign that I am not totally disgusted with the subject matter that is to become my livelihood.

No comments: