Life is weird sometimes. Just when you think things are meant to be one way, and you've totally accepted it and even embraced the way things are, life changes.
I've spent the last few weeks applying for jobs and internships on campus. I had two interviews: one with News Services and one with the School of Education. On Monday, I was offered the School of Education position. Yesterday I was offered the News Services position.
But I won't be working at either place. Remember that fellowship I was up for way back in April? Well, I now have it. One of the students who had the fellowship dropped out of school yesterday, and the director of Graduate Studies offered to give it to me. My tuition and fees will be paid for and I'll get a monthly stipend.
So now I am going to be a research assistant for a professor on campus. And now I have the fellowship. I never dreamed this would happen. I guess it's like my friend Cindy said: "Good things come to those who wait."
If that's the case, I'm really excited about the husband I'll get. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment