I spent the greater part of today doing coding for a content analysis research project being conducted by one of the professors at school. In exchange for free tuition, health insurance, and a stipend, it turns out I actually have to work my butt off for 15 hours a week. I don't mind, because I still think it's worth it, but I'm trying to figure out exactly what it is I'm doing. I'm coding scenes from the movie The Other Sister. I have to watch each scene individually and analzye the exact behavior of the main character (Carla, who is intellectually disabled). It's for a study about intellectually disabled people. I'm not even halfway through the movie and I've already been working on it for about 4 or 5 hours.
I know this must sound incredibly boring to you, so I won't explain any further. Meanwhile, I'm starting to study for my media law midterm, among other things. And the house is falling apart. I should probably start cleaning or something.
No comments:
Post a Comment