Monday, September 20, 2004

This morning I forgot to feed Sprocket. You see, school is getting very stressful now and I am tired and not entirely well. This means that I am going to start neglecting things. Only I didn't expect that I would start neglecting my cat, the one creature in the entire world who cuddles with me and loves me and is always there for me. Don't worry, though. Sprocket is fine. I managed to contact my roommate, and she saved the day by feeding him for me.

It doesn't stop the feeling of immense guilt that is consuming me. He is the one thing in the world I am charged with loving and caring for completely, and it seems that I am letting him down. For several hours this morning, he probably thought that he was going to have to go the entire day without being fed. He probably thought I had forgotten him.

Or else he was too busy napping under my bed to realize he was out of food. Either way, I still feel pretty lousy about it. But what does feeding the cat matter? I have an exam and a literature review due this week. Speaking of which....

No comments: