Friday, February 06, 2004

I think this rainy day is having an adverse effect on everything. I am so tired! All I want to do is curl up on my couch with To Kill a Mockingbird, which I've always heard about but never read until now. I like it so far, although I did pull myself away from it last night to watch Friends (a disappointment) and The Apprentice (a nail-biter). I probably won't get to read anymore until tomorrow afternoon, and it's driving me crazy. I'm like that with books; once I start reading one, I can't rest until it's finished. Which is odd, especially when considered with other elements of my personality. I am a world-renowned procrastinator, cannot successfully wash all of my dishes, or clean everything in my apartment. But give me a book and it has to be completed before I can move on to anything else. Go figure. It got to be kind of cumbersome when I was reading the Harry Potter books--there were some late nights involved and many responsibilities shirked. But eventually, when the books were finished and Harry had once again saved the world from Lord Voldemort, I went back to my old life.

Today, I feel stuck halfway between here and Alabama, wondering what's going to happen with Scout, Jem, Atticus, and the rest of them. I have to know! But for now, time is standing still in Harper Lee's fictional world, and I can rest in the fact that the book will be there when I get a chance to go back to it.

No comments: