Saturday, February 07, 2004

The word is spreading about my weblog! I am very excited and am looking forward to having my friends frequent my site. I can't promise that everything I write about will be interesting or even "readable," but I'm hoping that something good will come out of this.

Today I served as an interviewer at a scholarship competition at my alma mater. It took me back to the day when I was one of these nervous high school seniors, sitting there being grilled by a panel. I actually conducted today's interviews with the professor who interviewed me some seven years ago, so I guess you could say I've come full circle. After the interviews, I went to the banquet (I am all about free food, even if it does come from Marshbanks) and for a while I reminisced in my mind about all the meals I ate in there as a student. I remembered the time I dropped my tray during freshman year (very tragic- it was taco day, and it wasn't pretty when spattered all over my feet), the early morning breakfasts with C and S, all the many banquets I sat through, and I even remembered the blue plate special. If you'd told me three years ago that today I would have been back there eating another meal (which was surprisingly good- Go Marshbanks!), I might have dismissed you as crazy. But instead, I am inclined to now believe that I am the crazy one.

Anyway, I like to remember the past and compare it to the present. I guess you could call me sentimental. But that's part of what makes things interesting to me. Even a college cafeteria.

No comments: