Friday, February 13, 2004

It occurs to me that yesterday's post was a little, well, depressing. My goal for this weblog is that it be uplifting and fun; at the same time, it can only be as uplifting and fun as I can make it. Yesterday it just wasn't happening. I'm going to try my best to be positive, but if I'm having a negative day it might not be possible.

The sun is shining brightly today and I feel a little better. I had a chance last night to talk to a couple of friends, and commiserating with my friends always puts things in perspective. I owe special thanks to my pal "C" who made last night a lot of fun. We got together and baked Valentine's cookies, which today we have shared with our colleagues. We went all out-- I'm talking rolling pins, flour, icing, and sprinkles-- although we did cheat and buy refrigerated cookie dough. The cookies were very yummy if I do say so myself. If it were possible to transmit them electronically, I'd give one to you, too.

So you will notice that to the left, I have added a link to the online journal of my friend Rachel (previously referred to as "Rach" in my shooting star post). Be sure to check out her space on the web; I think you will find her entries thoughtful, provoking, and fun. If you do not have your own weblog, I would encourage you to start one-- at least so I can add more links to my sidebar. As it is, it looks a little bare. Think of what it would mean to me!

So does anybody out there wonder about my weblog name or my mysterious reference to a key-slapping slippard? I promise that I will shed light on this mystery soon, possibly next week. Also looking ahead, I plan to fill you in on just how many kinds of confetti I have, and I'm thinking of chronicling a day in the life of Sprocket (whom, if you haven't been able to figure it out, my life pretty much revolves around-- please do not consider this pathetic).

Valentine's Day is tomorrow, so in honor of the illustrious occasion I thought I would mention an e-card I ran across the other day. If you have a sweetie for this economically-driven, over-commercialized holiday (no sarcasm, none at all), you may not find this amusing. I, however, do. The scene is this: a man (pretty nerdy-looking, average at best) and a cat. Above the man's head is the word "dateless." Above the cat's head is the word "neutered." The moral of the story? There are worse things than being dateless on Valentine's Day.

No comments: