Thursday, February 12, 2004

Ugh. Today is a depressing day. Is it the dreary weather, or just me? I don't know. It's one of those days when I want to be anyone but myself. I want a new schedule, a new place to live with new people around me, a vacation. I want something to be passionate about. I thrive on passion, I use it as a fuel. I'm running out of things to be passionate about.

In my fortune cookie post, I didn't mention my favorite fortune of all time: Nothing in the world is accomplished without passion. I firmly believe this. It's how I got through school- I had a goal and I was passionate about achieving it. Now, I find myself without a goal, except ones I can do nothing about at this point. Hardly anything excites me anymore. The things that used to make me laugh don't anymore. Most of the friends I used to depend on aren't there anymore. The work I used to love to do bores me.

I would say that I am experiencing my "quarter-life crisis," but some of my friends would mock me for it. I think it's true, though. I am in that period in my mid-twenties when I'm realizing that all the plans I had for myself as an adolescent have fallen through. I am not who I want to be and I have no idea how to get there. Life is not as glorious or exciting as I once imagined it.

I sit here, waiting. Waiting for long-lost friends to call or e-mail me back. Waiting for an acceptance letter from a really tough master's program. Waiting for a wave of motivation.

Waiting for the rain to go away and the skies to clear, because maybe when the sun comes out these feelings will go away.

No comments: