10 Movies I Could Watch a Million Times (also known as my favorites):
1. You've Got Mail-- It's the cutest love story ever. And they're surrounded by books and expensive coffee. What could be better?
2. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind-- WOW. Only saw it once, but a movie has never gotten to me like that one. You must see it.
3. Almost Famous-- The bus scene where everyone sings along to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer" makes me feel so alive.
4. The Muppet Movie-- There's just something about Kermit the Frog playing a banjo and Fozzie Bear driving a Studebaker.
5. Say Anything-- The valedictorian is the object of someone's affection. I so lived vicariously through Ione Skye. Sure, Lloyd Dobbler wasn't popular, but he was so adorable.
6. Little Women-- Winona Ryder played a great Jo, and Claire Danes made Beth's death come to life so well. Plus, it has the greatest soundtrack ever.
7. Empire Records-- It's a day in the life of the employees of a record store. The first time I saw it, I realized just how boring my life really was in comparison. I want to work there. Oh, and its soundtrack is awesome, too.
8. Peggy Sue Got Married-- Picture this: you're going to your class reunion alone because your high-school-sweetheart-turned-husband is cheating on you with a younger woman, and you tell your friends that if you had the chance to go back, you wouldn't have chosen him. Then you really get to go back! Much craziness ensues.
9. Bridget Jones's Diary-- Colin Firth is divine. Renee Zellweger gives a great performance as the self-obsessed Brit, trying to choose which "knickers" to wear and weighing herself into a frenzy. Did I mention just how hot Colin Firth is?
10. Freaky Friday-- The premise is great, but the performances of Jamie Lee Curtis and Lindsey Lohan in the 2003 remake are what make this one a winner.
These aren't in an exact order, and there are tons more movies I like. Of the 10 above, I have all but two on DVD. Eternal Sunshine isn't out yet, but when it is I'll be buying it. And forcing you to watch it. You have to watch it!
No comments:
Post a Comment