Lots of random stuff...
My Muppets made the list of the AFI's best 100 movie songs ever with "The Rainbow Connection." It was #74. I personally think it should have been higher, but I wasn't polled. I've always vowed that when (I'm being optimistic) I get married, I want an instrumental version of that song played when I walk down the aisle. I think that would be really cool.
Last night I had to go out of town for a banquet and leave Sprocket at home alone. He sensed this and staged a demonstration. He got under my bed, and no matter how hard I tried to get him to budge, he wouldn't. Treats? No thank you. Cat food? Maybe later. Every single one of the bouncy balls? Not in the mood to play. I was running late, so I shut the bathroom door (so he wouldn't break my porcelain duck toothbrush holder like he broke the soapdish) and left him there, admonishing him not to destroy everything. On the plus side, when I finally did get home, there was an adorable furry cat right there at the door to greet me. He acted so happy to see me.
The banquet I went to last night was at the Capital City Club in downtown Raleigh. I was expecting it to be really nice, and it was for the most part. The odd thing was that the floral centerpieces on all the tables were dead. And I don't mean like dried on purpose dead. I mean like wilted ugly flowers floating in a vase of water dead. It seemed very unprofessional somehow. The bathroom was cool though. Each stall had its very own sink and countertop, and they had everything-- mouthwash, feminine products, even hairspray. Not to mention like three trashcans.
I got new glasses. They look really different, I think. And several people have told me that they look a lot better than my other ones. But then other people whom I see on a regular basis haven't even mentioned them, so I'm beginning to wonder if maybe I don't look that different after all. My face is revolting against the new glasses. I've got a huge zit on the bridge of my nose where the glasses sit. I can tell a difference if no one else can.
I just finished reading a really great book: Waiting for My Cats to Die. I know it sounds depressing, but it's not really. It's very funny and it made me think about stuff. And it made me love Sprocket that much more. I want him to live forever.
I'm sure there is a ton more I could write about, but I'm hungry and ready for lunch. I'm hoping Bugs can go to lunch with me, and I also hope she'll tempt me with the prospect of eating out. I'm craving a wrap from the Oasis, and since Starbucks items are 10 percent off this month with staff ID, I'm also craving a caramel macchiato. With my luck, though, she'll have brought her lunch and I'll end up eating a tomato sandwich. Yum.
No comments:
Post a Comment