Friday, June 25, 2004

Finally, one of the great mysteries of the universe has been solved. Actually, this is something that has probably never perplexed you, but I was actually wondering about it. Awhile back, Colonel Cornbread and I were watching the Muppets and we noticed that when playing an instrument (like a guitar) all of the Muppets were playing with their left hand. So we wondered why that was.

Well, today I found out the answer. Here it is: "You may have noticed that Muppets, particularly Muppet musicians, tend to do everything with their left arms. This is because most Muppet performers are right handed and use their primary hand to control the head and face of the Muppet. (Louise Gold is one of the few left-handed performers, and her Muppets are right handed.) This leaves them their left hand to control the Muppet's arms. Muppets like the Swedish Chef, which are controlled by two performers, are of course an exception." I found this in a back issue of the Internet Weekly Report.

Now I have enlightened you with a new piece of knowledge. Feel free to go out into the world and share it.

No comments: