Wednesday, June 30, 2004

So Sprocket has me worried. His lip is all swollen and red now, and it looks horrible. It happens every once in a while, but it always tends to get better after a few weeks. It's never affected his eating habits and he's never exhibited any signs of pain. Except now. Yesterday he wouldn't eat any treats (and he always eats treats)and he's not drinking his water like he should be.

Also, he's been drooling a little bit. I looked online and discovered that drooling is a sign of a mouth problem in cats. Which could also be contributing to the swelling. And last but not least, maybe his incessant chewing is another sign. It was suggested to me that maybe he does it to relieve the pain, kind of a like how babies chew on things when they teeth.

So I'm going to take my baby to the vet, and hope I can get him well. I can't go through grad school without him.

No comments: