Friday, June 18, 2004

Today I had to fight my place of employment for what is mine, and it was surprisingly easy. Yesterday I e-mailed our payroll office to find out how much vacation time I had left, and they told me I had six days. According to my records, I should have eight days.

So I had to go see them this morning and show them my records and tell them they were wrong. They didn't fight me at all, and just immediately changed it in the book (they actually keep up with this stuff in a notebook, not on a computer). So wherever you work and no matter how organized your payroll office is, make sure you keep an accurate record of your vacation time (and sick time if necessary). Because one day you might find yourself fighting to keep it.

Thanks to my record-keeping skills, I get to spend two more days anywhere but here. I am very excited about that.

No comments: