My immediate task this morning is ranking the four candidates we have interviewed for my job. This is very strange to me. I guess it really is a unique experience to be able to help choose your replacement, but at the same time it is really weird.
There's A, who graduated from college last year and is currently working in retail because of the slow job market. Then there's B, who currently works in a very similar environment and does much of the same kinds of things as I do. A really strong candidate whose only real drawback is inexperience with the specific programs we work with. C seems to be a strong candidate in many ways, including experience with the programs we use and good writing skills. I think this one would fit in best with the office dynamics. D is strong in some aspects, but weak in some other important areas. Yet this one would still be able to bring a lot to the table.
They are all good in their own ways and they all have specific strengths that would benefit them in this position, but I have to somehow decide which ones I think will be best for the job. Wish me luck...
No comments:
Post a Comment