Friday, June 11, 2004

I watched part of Ronald Reagan's funeral earlier, and it was a very moving service. Wanting to concentrate on his life and not his death, I decided to memorialize Reagan on Solla Sollew by including some famous quotes of his.

"Politics is not a bad profession. If you succeed there are many rewards, if you disgrace yourself you can always write a book."

"The ultimate determinant in the struggle now going on for the world will not be bombs and rockets but a test of wills and ideas-a trial of spiritual resolve: the values we hold, the beliefs we cherish and the ideals to which we are dedicated."

"I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national emergency, even if I'm in a cabinet meeting."

"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidise it."

"There are no great limits to growth because there are no limits of human intelligence, imagination, and wonder."

"We've done our part. And as I walk off into the city streets, a final word to the men and women of the Reagan revolution, the men and women across America who for 8 years did the work that brought America back. My friends: We did it. We weren't just marking time. We made a difference. We made the city stronger, we made the city freer, and we left her in good hands. All in all, not bad, not bad at all."

No comments: