Friday, June 11, 2004

This morning when I checked my weblog (I do this every morning just to make sure it's still there) my counter said my site had been visited 1,111 times. I just thought that was pretty cool.

Today we begin interviewing for my replacement here at work. I am a little uncertain of what to expect. For one, I'm not even sure if I am supposed to be present for the interview or I will just meet the people following the interviews. Ideally, I should be part of the interview, but since I am a woman and this is "Ballard" (a reference to Killer Diller) it just might not happen.

It's kind of weird to be looking for someone to replace me. What if we find someone way more qualified than me who totally puts me to shame? I don't want that to happen. I want someone who can do a half-decent job but who will never compare to my brilliance. Someone I can feel comfortable leaving the Prospect to but who won't be able to catch as many spelling and grammatical errors. Someone who's a good writer but not as good as me. This makes me sound like a horrible person. I'm going to have to come to terms with this.

Anyway, we'll see how it turns out. For now, I guess I should just prepare myself for the inevitable. I can be replaced, and I will be replaced. But I think I will be a victor in one respect: no one will ever keep the office as messy as I do.

No comments: