Tuesday, March 04, 2008

5 movies I've watched lately

1. The Jane Austen Book Club - a decent movie, but it was a lot different from the book, which I read not too long ago. It was kind of hard to get used to the differences, but it was still pretty interesting. I love Jane Austen, so I enjoyed the Austen-based conversations the characters had and how their own lives mirrored some of the book plotlines.

2. Sydney White - Such a cute movie! I love Amanda Bynes, and I thought this was a cute take on the classic Snow White story. Instead of the seven dwarfs, she took up with the seven dorks, who were all quite dorky in their own way. It's cheesy, but if you can get beyond that you might just enjoy it.

3. The Bourne Ultimatum - I'm not much for action movies, but I'm pretty impressed by the Bourne franchise. This movie did stress me out quite a bit, but it's well done and interesting. Well worth the squirming in my seat. And I love the music. It's got a great soundtrack, and I can see why the movie earned three Oscars.

4. Once - I absolutely loved this movie! The soundtrack is awesome, and it's a very sweet movie. If you haven't seen it, you should. I could listen to the songs over and over again. I was so excited when their song won an Oscar!

5. Juno - This was a pretty cute movie, but I got the distinct feeling that it was trying to be cute. It too had a good soundtrack, and some pretty funny lines.

No comments: