So today has been one of those unfortunate days when I kind of wish I hadn't even gotten out of bed. I hit a major hurdle on my work deadline, and my boss laid into me for a reason I don't understand. Then I watched the Eve Carson memorial and felt bad for not having the enthusiasm and excitement for life that she had. It doesn't seem fair that she's the one who's gone when there are so many people who lack that vibrance and joy. And today I don't feel like I have the energy or strength to be anything like her. I haven't been sleeping well lately, and I've been pretty stressed with work and some other stuff. The world just has an aura of bleakness to it.
It's so hard to be positive when I feel like this. I do have my Sprocket though, and he was very cuddly when I got home tonight, as if he knew I needed some encouragement. I have friends, too, like Jen and Boyfriend, who are totally there for me. And I have all the little things that bring a smile to my face, like coupons and saving money, squirrels, confetti, and refrigerator magnets. And I have the hope of happier days. Any day now I could get a call for a job interview or the opportunity for something better. In the meantime, I guess I just have to hold on a little longer. And maybe tomorrow I won't feel so bad.
No comments:
Post a Comment