Friday, March 07, 2008

Rainy Day Ramblings

Friday afternoons at work are always so unproductive. Too excited about the impending weekend, I guess. It's been raining all day long, which makes me happy because I know we really need it. But it also makes for a very mellow, lazy day where you really don't want to do anything.

Still bummed about Eve Carson's murder. The whole thing is so surreal, and it doesn't feel like it could be really happening. It seems like something you'd see on Law & Order-- speaking of which, I wonder how long it will be before they have 'ripped from the headlines' story based on it. I just hope the police can find out who murdered her. For justice's sake as well as for the safety of everyone. If it truly was random, it's scary, because this is the community I live in. The fact that a murderer could be on the loose in my neighborhood does not make me feel very safe. But to me it feels like there's something the police aren't telling us. Maybe we'll find out what happened soon so we can all have closure and move on from this. It makes me think too much about how precious and fleeting life is, and I don't like it when I get too introspective.

No comments: