As promised, here I am to account for the work I accomplished today. What follows is a comprehensive list of my tasks: quit Spider Solitaire during second game because of immense guilt, formatted a picture of an alumna for the April issue of the Prospect, edited and sent online newsletter to alumni subscribers, added two releases to news section of Web site and moved old releases to index file, called Computing Services to report problem with our student worker e-mail account, called graphic designer in Raleigh regarding a CD cover I am designing for our artist-in-residence, e-mailed an alumna and sent her a draft of the article I wrote about her, proofed a news release for Susan, proofed my student writer's feature story and sent a copy to the professor whom it's about, retrieved student-written piano concert release and sent it to my supervisor, added two more releases to Web site, e-mailed Campus Minister's office to find out about Pastors' School ads, picked and scanned an unidentified photo from the archives to include as next month's "Could This Be You?" photo, wrote a caption for that photo and the now-identified one from last month's issue, laid them out in the alumni section of the next Prospect, edited the list of names for the University's galley proof, printed the list and gave it to my supervisor to look over, provided moral support and grammatical advice to a colleague who is working on a tough grant proposal, and consulted with my supervisor regarding some ideas I had to spice up the alumni section. Do you think that's good enough for one day?
Today my fortune cookie told me this: "A refreshing change is in your future." Let us hope and pray that it is so.
No comments:
Post a Comment