Tuesday, March 16, 2004

I probably won't be writing much this week. I'm trying to gear myself up for this weekend, and I need to stay focused on the goal. I promise that after this is all over, I'll write more. And maybe I'll have good news to write about.

Update on the weekend buried in nostalgia-- I finally found my childhood books. There were in the storage room attached to our house. In plain sight, in a box labeled "Joanna's Children's Books." I was quite thrilled to find them. They were mostly in good condition, except a couple had been nibbled on by silverfish. We already have a silverfish infestation inside the house, so I didn't worry about taking them inside. There were also a whole bunch of books I had forgotten about. It's amazing to me how just looking through the pages brings so much back. I will never part with them. And, on the off chance that I ever have children, I will never need to buy him or her any books. I already have a lifetime supply.

Man, I wish I could be a kid again. I'm pretty sure kids don't have to put themselves through grueling graduate school interviews.

No comments: