Thursday, March 04, 2004

I can't take it anymore! I've been fighting this craving all day-- heck, all week even-- and I can't shake it. I want an iced white chocolate mocha from Starbucks. I do not care that it costs $2.79 plus tax. I do not care that it has 370 calories and 17 grams of fat. The fact that it is packed with 41 grams of sugar doesn't bother me either. The weather is warm and beautiful, the sun is shining, I am thirsty, and all I can think about is an iced white chocolate mocha.

In the past, I have countered my craving with the rationale that it costs too much. But today I do not care. What if this is the last day of the world? I would miss out on a white chocolate mocha for no good reason. I am going to live in the moment, do something totally wild and crazy! This feels great!

Of course, the irony is I don't even like coffee. Coffee-flavored ice cream, yes, but coffee? NO. It smells great but tastes disgusting. But with this drink, it's different. The shot of espresso is masked by the milk and sugar, so much so that it is almost unrecognizable. Of my own accord, I never would have sampled it. But thanks to my friend Rachel, who ordered one a long time ago and then didn't want it all, I became hooked. I've only had two of them, but it has taken some mighty strong willpower to keep it at that, let me tell you.

In a little while, my colleague Susan and I are going to take a break and go to the Student Center, where I am going to indulge in the icy beverage I so desire. It will be the highlight of my entire week! Maybe even my month!

Does anyone else think that I need to get a life?

No comments: