Friday, March 05, 2004

You will be relieved to know that I did indeed enjoy a white chocolate iced mocha yesterday afternoon. And it was everything I had hoped it would be. Even more than I thought it would be, seeing as the cost was $3.09 as opposed to the $2.79 I somehow mistakenly supposed it to be.

The weekend is almost upon me, and I can hardly wait. I'll spend most of the weekend hanging out with friends. The rest will be spent agonizing over the upcoming interviews for graduate school. Last night I had the privilege of talking to a first-year master's student in the program, and she was extremely helpful. She gave me plenty of good tips on how to prepare, and has made herself available if I have any further questions or concerns. She loves the program immensely, and has immersed herself in the classes and the experience. Today she was leaving to fly to London for spring break-- her International Public Relations class is making the trip together. And because she is a fellow in the program, she doesn't have to pay for the trip. For the summer she has secured an internship in New York City.

Talking to her got me so excited about all the possibilities this opportunity can give me. I'll be able to travel and get valuable experience anywhere in the country I want. Winning the fellowship would be such a blessing and would definitely force me out of my comfort zone.

According to what she told me, the field has been narrowed down to 35 applicants. Those 35 have been invited for the weekend, and of those, 25 will be offered admission. The top 14 will be offered the fellowship. There's a possibility that not everyone will accept the fellowship if they are offered it, so alternates will be chosen as well.

Two weeks from today is when the biggest interview of my life will take place, and I hope I will be prepared. I am remaining optimistic, although I realize that I am not guaranteed anything no matter how good my test scores are or how high my GPA is. It's an exciting experience, though, and I'm anxious to see how this is all going to turn out.

No comments: